Monday, October 13, 2008

I suck at Halo

I wasted so much time playing that game yesterday. My second time playing in my life and it was spent the same as my first: The two other guys murdering me while I get in a lucky shot every so often.

But digression is in order.

I have to write an outline for my Ethics mid-term paper today. I was going to start it yesterday but... Yeah... That happened. It sucks because I've been so good with that stuff you know? I've been balancing work and school and playtime so well and then yesterday whoops there goes three hours on my friend's xbox that I'll never get back.

Aaaaaaand digression.

I got Kafka's Metamorphosis from the library. I read the first little chapter and I'm totally digging it. It's weird and odd and oddly serious and seriously weird. It's great though. Very lonely and such, and I'm a big fan of that emo isolation (Hamlet is like my favorite thing ever) so.

It really just speaks to that very human feeling of being alone, like Superman brooding in his Fortress of Solitude. That's something we can all relate to. How are we going to connect with other people? Claw at the locked door with stubby cockroach legs and fumble with the key in our jaws, bust out the red and blues to go flying around trying to save the world, or do we just shoot at each other?

Ain't the video games a great escape?

1 comment:

Kelly Jo said...

There's just something about those brooding introspective types...